BIOLOGY 2 SYLLABUS
NO TEXT WILL BE USED. YOU WILL RELY ON YOUR OWN NOTATIONS, OBSERVATIONS, AND LAB REPORTS.
Biology 2 is a natural continuation of the Biology 1 course. However, Biology 2 involves more field experiences in the biological sciences, and will further prepare the student for post graduation biology.
A student must have completed two semesters of Biology 1, with at least a "C" average in both semesters OR by instructor approval. Chemistry or Physics is not required, but the content from these two classes will be utilized within Biology. Many students have taken Chemistry and Biology 2 during the same year with no problems.
During the course of the year we will study the following areas of study within the Biology curriculum:
1. Terrestrial Animal Studies
2. Animal Populations
3. Terrestrial Plant Studies
5. Microbiology (protists, bacteria, and viruses)
In order for the student to achieve a passing grade, an accumulative grade of at least a 70% is required. Borderline grades will be made at the discretion of the instructor. Your grade will be based upon, but not limited to the following objectives:
|LAB ACTIVITIES & PARTICIPATION||30% OF THE TOTAL GRADE|
|ASSIGNMENTS||40% OF THE TOTAL GRADE|
|TESTS||30% OF THE TOTAL GRADE|
SEMESTER TEST OPT-OUT OPTION
A student will be able to opt out of one of the semester tests provided during the year. If a student opts out of the first semester test, he/she will be required to take the second semester final exam.
Students who wish to opt out must meet the following requirements:
1. student must not have any computer or disciplinary violations during the semester
2. a student must have completed ALL assignments for Biology 2 (does not have any zeros in the grade book)
3. student must have at least a B- as a grade in order to be able to opt out
4. student can only opt out of one Biology 2 semester exam (if you opt out of the first semester. . . you must take the second semester exam).
Back to Biology 2 Homepage